The Application Process
This page is under revision due to recent developments. Please refer to the News and Blog section for the latest information.
Ibutho Coal Pty Ltd applied for a license to mine anthracite coal in the Fuleni district on the border of the Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park wilderness area in 2013.
DMR REFERENCE: KZN 30/5/1/2/2/10060MR
KZNDEDT REFERENCE: DC 28/0035/2013: KZN/EIA/0001371/2013
The consultant for the EIA process is Marietjie Eksteen of Jacana Environmentals cc and the Public participation process is being handled by Lizinda Dickson of Naledi Developments.
To register as an interested and affected party or if you would like to be involved in the campaign please visit this page for options.
Infographic explaining the process
Posts about the Process
- GET’s and ICWA’s concerns about the draft Luhlanga Scoping Report
- Update on the Save our iMfolozi Wilderness Campaign – Sept 2017
- Update on the Save our iMfolozi Wilderness Campaign
- GET Fuleni submissions to RMDEC
- FULENI BLOCKADE STOPS RMDEC SITE VISIT
- Regional Mining, Development and Environmental Committee meeting postponed
- Department of Mineral Resources notice of meeting to substantiate objections to application by Ibutho Coal
- Reply to Ibutho Coal’s announcement on 18 November 2015
- REGISTERED INTERESTED AND AFFECTED PARTY NOTIFICATION: STATUS OF ENVIRONMENTAL AUTHORISATION PROCESS
- DRAFT EIA FOR FULENI MINE RELEASED
- COMMUNITY OUTRAGE AT IBUTHO COAL’S EIA MEETING – 17 MAY 2015
- GET’s Response to the Acceptance of the Final Scoping Report for Fuleni
- Coal mine scoping report ‘inadequate’
- Amended Scoping Report: GET attorney to ask for rejection of scoping report
- Impact study for proposed coal mine rejected