1 Information about you
- We may collect personal information from you when you:
- sign-up for our newsletter(s);
- share information, including but not limited to information about yourself through the Website;
- enquire about our services and/or about The Save our iMfolozi Wilderness Campaign;
- register for any of our mailing lists or events through the Website; and/or
- contact us through the Website.
- This personal information may include but is not limited to the following information about you:
- Your name (including your first names and surname);
- Your email address;
- Your telephone number(s) (including your mobile telephone number); and
- The name of the organisation you work with or are employed by.
- We may also ask for or collect some additional, non-personal information from you.
- When you view or use the Website, and/or provide us with information about yourself, you are stating that you are over 18 years of age or are a minor using the Website with parental consent. You agree that any information you provide to us about yourself when creating a Profile or at any time will be true.
2 Our use of this information
- Your personal information will only be used by us to provide the services this site is intended to render you and your clients. Specifically to:
- process your requests;
- respond to your questions or comments;
- provide or administer activities relating to our services;
- provide you with information relating to the Website, The Global Environmental Trust or our services, or that we feel may be of interest to you;
- maintain our organisational records;
- carry out research or prepare reports; and
- supply to third parties as described below.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- Any personal information that you provide when you use the Website may be shared with third parties, including but not limited to:
- providers of support services to The Global Environmental Trust but only if the sharing of your personal information is necessary to carry out such support services; and
- companies or organisations that are connected to or affiliated to The Global Environmental Trust; and/or
- third parties that we have selected in order that they may contact you with information about activities, goods or services that may be of interest to you.
The Global Environmental Trust accepts no liability for any misuse of your personal information by third parties and you therefore proceed at your own risk.
- Your personal information will not be sold to any third parties unless we are required to do so by law.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes and services specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- If you do not want to receive information from us contact us by email using the form on the Contact page with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject field. If you only wish to unsubscribe from one of our services, please specify this in the email.
- We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, misuse or alteration of information you give us.
- Communications in connection with the Website may be sent by us by e-mail. For ease of use and compatibility, communications will not be sent to you in an encrypted form unless we specifically agree to do so and you provide the certification to enable us to communicate with you in that way. E-mail unless encrypted is not a fully secure means of communication. Whilst we endeavour to keep our systems and communications protected against tracking viruses and other harmful effects we cannot bear responsibility for all communications being virus-free.
4 Other Information
- If you would like us to correct or update any information about you, then please contact us using the form on the Contact
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.